Four decades ago, Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi and others trained in Chasidic traditions sought to keep Jewish heritage alive while incorporating the best insights from science, trans-personal psychology, and history, while maintaining respect for other faith traditions.
The result was Jewish Renewal, a movement that has infused spirituality into every branch of Judaism, and contributed countless innovations — from chant to meditation to egalitarian liturgy — now so deeply woven into the fabric of Jewish life.
From this legacy, The Shalom Center and P’nai Or Religious Fellowship formed ALEPH: ALLIANCE FOR JEWISH RENEWAL.
• Reconnects thousands of spiritual seekers with Judaism through a multitude of programs, including the biennial Kallah, Elat Chayyim Retreat Center, the biennial West Coast Ruach HaAretz Retreat, and a variety of special interest teachings, seminars, and workshops.
• Trains and ordains rabbis, cantors, rabbinic pastors and spiritual guides in an extraordinary seminary without walls;
• Nurtures dozens of Renewal communities, with a network of fifty chavurot around the world;
• Works for tikkun olam through the Shalom Center and other ALEPH projects;
• Supports the creation of a remarkable body of music, liturgy, writings, and practice to assist Jews along a deep and meaningful spiritual path.
THE ELIJAH MINYAN is a proud member of ALEPH
and its Network of Jewish Renewal Communities.